Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple University
Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple University/St. Luke's
Established in 1901, Temple University School of Medicine was the first coeducational medical college in Pennsylvania. Currently, over 12,000 living medical graduates are practicing in the 50 states and in other parts of the world. In 2015, the School of Medicine was dedicated and named in honor of Lewis Katz, becoming the Lewis Katz School of Medicine (LKSOM). LKSOM has 926 full-time and part-time faculty members. At LKSOM, the faculty and administrative team are dedicated to preparing students to provide outstanding medical care to a culturally diverse population.
Through Academic Year 2010-11, LKSOM admitted 180 medical students annually, increasing to 210 in Academic Year 2011-12 with the opening of the Temple/ St. Luke’s regional campus. The inaugural class of Temple/St. Luke’s graduated in May 2015. LKSOM is widely recognized as an institution that offers an exceptional clinical education to a diverse and socially conscious student body.
Learn more about LKSOM